Dr DENSFORD O. MAENDO, Ph.D
P.O BOX, 177-40501 IKONGE, NYAMIRA
- Effective communication, persuasive and interpersonal skills as well as strategic, logical and sound decision making ability.
- Strong administrative capabilities.
- A hands on team player with ability to work long hours under minimum supervision.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND QUALIFICATIONS
Jan 2015 toDec. 2018 KENYATTA UNIVERSITY
APh.D in Management Science (Project Management)
Thesis Title: Project Management Practices and Performance of Road Infrastructure Projects constructed by Local Firms in the Lake Basin Region, Kenya.
Jan 2011 to July 2014 KENYATTA UNIVERSITY
Master in Business Administration; Management Science (Project Management)
Project Title: Project Constraints on Performance of Youth Based Projects in Nyamira North District, Kenya.
1999 to 2004 UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI
Bachelor of Education Degree, Mathematics and Accounting
Second Class Honours – Upper Division
1994 to 1997 ST. KIZITO HIGH SCHOOL, NYANSIONGO
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education B Plain (74 Points)
1985-1993 KIEMUMA PRIMARY SCHOOL
Kenya Certificate of Primary Education Certificate Scored 512 Marks out of 700 Marks
WORK AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Sept. 2019 – To Date Full Time Lecturer, Kisii University
Management Science Department,
School of Business and Economics
Courses: Project Management Units, Business Statistics andBusiness Mathematics
Jan. 2019 – Aug. 2019 Part Time Lecturer – Kisii University
Courses: Professional Communications, Project Financing, Project Planning and Management and Project Monitoring and Evaluation
Dec. 2011 –Dec. 2018 Kenya National Examination Council Mathematics Paper Two Examiner
July 2011- Dec. 2014 Research assistant to a Ph.D student.
2009 – 2018 Kenya National Examination Council
May 2006 –Aug. 2019Gekonge High School
Duties:Teaching Mathematics and Business Studies, Implement Curriculum as required by the Ministry of Education, Participate in overall management of the school, Develop a programme of instructional supervision with departmental members, Training students in soccer and any other duties assigned by the Head of Institution.
2004 to 2005 Hilltop School, Nairobi
Teaching Mathematics and Business Studies, Games Teacher and Boarding Master.
1.Maendo Densford O, Rosemary J. and Ngugi L. (2018); Effect of Project Resource Mobilization on the Performance of Road Infrastructure Projects in the Lake Basin Region, Kenya. International Journal of Economics, Business Management Research Vol 2 No. 01
- Maendo Densford O, Rosemary J. and Ngugi L. (2018); Effect of Project Monitoring and Evaluation on the Performance of Road Infrastructure Projects in the Lake Basin Region,Kenya.International Journal of Economics, Business Management ResearchVol 2 No. 04
- Maendo DensfordandRosemary James(2020); Effect of Project Group Dynamics Management on the Performance of Road Infrastructure Projects in the Lake Basin Region, Kenya.(Unpublished)
Date of Birth: 9th October 1978
Marital Status: Married
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
- Reading inspirational and Motivating Literature
- Engaging in Community Development Projects
- Playing football and Rugby