NAME : ELIJAH KURIA KARIUKI
ADDRESS : P.O. BOX 16117-00610, NAIROBI.
TELEPHONE : 0720-654285/0722-672344.
EMAIL : email@example.com
JAN 2007- DEC 2008 : JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY.
Masters of Science in Procurement and Logistics Management (MSc. Procurement & Logistics Mgt)
JAN 2005 – DEC 2006 : LIMKOKWING UNIVERSITY OF CREATIVE
TECHNOLOGY – MALAYSIA
Bachelor of Business Administration
Honours (BBA Hons.) – Project Management
JAN 2004 – NOV 2005 : NEWPORT INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
FEB 2003 – FEB 2004 : International Post Graduate Diploma on Materials
CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE–
APRIL 2002- FEB 2003 : International Honours Graduate Diploma on Materials
APRIL 2002-DEC 2002 : International Diploma on Advanced Study of
JAN 2002 – OCT 2002 : International Diploma in Purchasing and
: International Diploma in Stores Management
and Stock /Inventory Control.
JAN 2001 – DEC 2001 : International Diploma on Computers in
Business and Management.
COLLEGE THE KENYA POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY
2001 – 2002 : Diploma in Supplies Management II.
- – 2001 : Diploma in Supplies Management I
- – 2000 : Advanced Certificate in Supplies Management
1998 – 1999 : Certificate in Supplies Management.
HIGH SCHOOL ST JOSEPH’S HIGH SCHOOL
- – 1996 : Graduated Kenya Certificate of Secondary
JUNE 2014- TO DATE : KISII UNIVERSITY
POSITION ASSIGNED : ASS. LECTURER
: Lecturing Purchasing and Logistics units
Developed Certificate, Diploma, Masters and PhD in Purchasing and Logistics Management
Reviewed Bachelor of Purchasing & Supply Management curriculum
JAN 2014 – AUG 2014 : KCA UNIVERSITY
POSITION ASSIGNED : PART-TIME LECTURER
Lecturing Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
2009 – TO DATE : JOMO KENYATTA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND TECHNOLOGY
PhD in Supply Chain Management (Final Defense)
MAR 2011- NOV. 2012 : BANK OF AFRICA LTD
POSITION HELD : ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
DUTIES ASSIGNED : Provide management support, Cost management, Budget
Formulation, Transport Management, Security Management, Engineering and re-engineering of systems in the company, Project management, Document handling management, Supplier management, Archiving of documents, Setting of procurement system, Inventory rationalization, variety reduction, Procurement planning, Procurement research, Training of staff, Negotiation of procurement contracts, Management of outsourced services, Liaison with local authorities for establishment and smooth running of the branches, Management of company assets, coding, Travelling arrangements, Telephony management, Monthly reporting, Form design, Setting of new branches, developing and overseeing the implementation of procurement strategies, Policies and Plans within the company, Preparation of contract documents, Preparation and maintenance of asset register, ensure optimal use of company assets and space, Insurance of assets, cost management, oversee distribution and safety of stocks in transit, conduct procurement research, payment to suppliers, secretary to the tender committee, disposal of obsolete items, supplier base analysis, ensure supplier performance, review of stock levels, managing consortia, continuous bench marking, management of company fleet, oversee administration function within the company .
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : HEAD OF OPERATIONS
MAR 2007 – FEB 2011 : INSURANCE COMPANY OF EAST AFRICA LTD
P.O. BOX 46143-00100 NAIROBI.
POSITION HELD : Assistant Manager – Procurement & Administration
DUTIES ASSIGNED : – Overseeing the acquisition, storage and distribution function of the company in East Africa.
– Oversee the expansion, construction & maintenance of existing premises
- Management of company assets and utilities
- Overseeing provision of support services
- Provide best practice, advice and assistance on
- Purchasing matters to user departments
- Provide framework policies, procedures and guidelines which promote value for money in procurement.
- Provide a service by sourcing goods and services as requested, recommending appropriate preferred and approved suppliers.
- Promote procurement professionalism by providing training for departmental purchasing staff.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for goods and services used by more than one department and recommending appropriate preferred and approved suppliers.
- Work with regional consortia, national and governmental organizations to achieve best value for money.
- Manage the tender process in respect of all value tenders and offer management service in respect of lower value tenders.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Human Resources & Administration Manager
19th JAN 2000 – FEB 2007 FAMILY BANK LIMITED
P.O. BOX 74145 – 00200 NAIROBI.
POSITION HELD Procurement Officer
DUTIES ASSIGNED – Manage the supplier and inventory databases
- Oversee the expansion, construction & maintenance of existing premises
- Conduct supplier appraisals and maintain a record of
- statutory information
- Provide data on high value tenders to tender committee
- Build strong and ethical relationships with suppliers
- Manage a store of commonly used items and purchase
- other none commonly used items as required
- Advise of any changes of legislation when they impact on purchasing
- Liaise with the professional certified bodies on latest policy and practices.
- Management of company assets,
- Fleet management and control
- Asset management and disposal
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Administration manager
SEPT. 2012 – DEC 2014 : HOMELAND (K) LTD
P.O. BOX 16117-00610
POSITION HELD : LEAD CONSULTANT
SCOPE OF CONTRACT : Development of procurement policy manual,
Development of asset register, Centralize purchasing
function, assist in the development of procurement
package module, Set suppliers appraisal mechanism,
Develop end to end document handling procedures,
Develop fleet management system and develop document
storage and retrieval procedure.
MEMBERSHIP : – Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies
Automobile Association of Kenya AAK
Kenya institute of Supply Management
CURRENT SALARY : Negotiable
AVAILABILITY : 0720-654285.