Name: Prof. Christopher Ngacho
Current Address: P.O.Box 408, 40200 Kisii
Permanent Address: P. O. Box 161 – 50404 Bumala.
Marital status: Married
- JULY 2010 – July 2013: University of Delhi, PhD in Management Science
Research Dissertation: “An Assessment of the Performance of Public Sector Projects; an Empirical Study of Projects Funded under Constituency Development Fund (CDF) in Western Province, Kenya.”
- 1997 – 1999: University of Nairobi, Masters in Business Administration (MBA); Management Science (Operations Management and Management Information Systems)
Project: “Application of Operations Research/Management Science in Manufacturing Organizations in Kenya”.
- 1991 – 1996: University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Commerce Degree (2nd class Honours, Upper Division), Management Science Option.
SCHOLARSHIPS AND OTHER AWARDS
- 2010-2013: University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies: Full Commonwealth Scholarship (Indian Council of Cultural Studies-ICCR) for a PhD in Management Studies.
- 1997 – 1999: University of Nairobi, School of Business: Full Scholarship for a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) – Management Science (Operations Research/Operations Management/Management Information Systems).
Full Time Teaching
- July 2018-Todate: Associate Professor, Management Science, Kisii University: Teaching of Advanced Statistics and Research Methods at Postgraduate level and many other courses at undergraduate level.
- May 2014-July 2018: Senior Lecturer, Department of Management Science, Kisii University: Teaching of Management Mathematics, Business Statistics, Operations Research, Quantitative Techniques, Total quality Management, Materials management, Research Methodology, Operations/Production Management and Project Management.
- August 2005-May 2014: Lecturer, Department of Management Science, Kisii University College/Kisii University:: Teaching of Management Mathematics, Business Statistics, Operations Research, Quantitative Techniques, Total quality Management, Materials management, Research Methodology, Operations/Production Management and Project Management.
- August 2001- August 2005: Assistant Lecturer, Egerton University, Nakuru Town Campus. Teaching of Management Mathematics, Business Statistics, Operations Research, Quantitative Techniques, Total quality Management, Materials management, Research Methodology, Operations/Production Management and Project Management.
Part Time Teaching
- August 2001- September, 2010: Kabarak University, Faculty of Business Studies
- May 2003-December 2006: Kenyatta University, Department of Management Science
- May 2003-December 2005: University of Nairobi, Department of Extra-Mural Studies
- August 2000-November 2004: St. Paul’s United Theological College, Department of Business Studies
- December 2000-November 2003: Kenya Institute of Management (KIM), Business Department
- January 2000-July 2003: Kenya College of Accountancy-Lecturer,
EXTERNAL EXAMINERS’ POSITION.
I am an External Examiner in three institutions;
- September 2015-To date: External Examiner, Department of Business Administration and Management Sciences, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology.
- March 2016-To date: External Examiner, Department of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, JKUAT, Mombasa CBD.
- May 2016-To date: External Examiner, Department of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance, Laikipia University.
- June 2018-To date: Peer Reviewer, Commission of University.
- January 2014-Todate: Dean, School of Business and Economics, Kisii University.
- May 2008-August 2009: Chairman of Department, Department of Business and Management
- January 2007-May 2008: Coordinator, Examinations and Timetabling.
WORK RELATED TRAINING ATTENDED
1st to 4th April 2019: Attended the course Business Continuity Management & Disaster Recovery Planning by Agano Consulting (K) Ltd at Magharibi Hotel, Kisii Kenya.
Corporate Governance Training at the Kenya School of Government
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Makori, Omari and Ngacho (2018). Influence of Strategic factors on Performance of Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET) Institutions in Nyamira County, Kenya. African Journal of Business and Management Vol. 3(2) pp 1-8 Copyright: 2018 AJBM Open Access Online @ http://onlinesciencejournals.com/index.php/ajbm 153
- Ngatia, E. W., Muya, J & Ngacho, C (2018) Relationship Between Competitive Strategies And Performance Of Savings And Credit Co Operative Societies: A Case Of Mwalimu National Sacco In Kenya International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology ISSN 2412-0294 Vol IV Issue X, October 2018
- Onsongo , E. N & Ngacho C (2018) Is There Any Relationship Between Management Development Practices And Service Delivery In Higher Education? Evidence From Kenyan Public Universities International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology ISSN 2412-0294 Vol IV Issue VII, July 2018
- Momanyi and Ngacho (2018) Impact of Auditing Strategy on Performance of Public Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol IVIssue VI, June 2018.
- Okong’o, Omoro and Ngacho (2018). Impact of taxation on financial performance of small Scale Business Enterprises in Ugenya Sub-County, Siaya County, Kenya. African Journal of Business and Management Vol 4(1) PP 1-7, ISSN: 2518-0312 Copyright: 2018 AJBM Open Access Online @ http://onlinesciencejournals.com/index.php/ajbm 153
- Anne Miya and Christopher Ngacho (2017). An Evaluation of Impact of Value Stream Mapping on working methods of Solid Waste Management. Insights from literature. American Journal Of Social And Management Sciences 2017, Vol 8 No 5 ISSN Print: 2156-1540, ISSN Online: 2151-1559 © 2017, ScienceHuβ, http://www.scihub.org/AJSMS .
- Das and Ngacho (2017) Critical success factors influencing the performance of development projects: An empirical study of Constituency Development Fund projects in Kenya. IIMB Management Review (2017) 29, 276-296.
- Omollo, Ngacho and Yambo: Determining the Effects of Resource Allocation on the Performance of South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited, Kenya International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol III Issue IX, November 2017.
- Mreri and Ngacho (2017). An Assessment of the Effect of Differentiation Strategy on Current Performance of Equity Bank, Homa Bay Branch Elixir Fin. Mgmt. 111 (2017) 48722-48729
- Mreri and Ngacho (2017). Contributions of Focus Strategy on the Performance of Equity Bank, Homa Bay Branch. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol III Issue VIII, October 2017
- Miya and Ngacho (2017) An Assessment of Significance of Value Stream Mapping to Mitigate Challenges Related to Solid Waste Management: Insights from Literature Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences Vol 8 No 5 September 2017
- Mokua, Ngacho, Maronga and Motari (2017). Factors affecting service delivery among water companies in kenya: a case of gusii water and Sanitation Company, kisii town, kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology Vol III Issue VII, September 2017 ISSN 2412-0294.
- Onkoba, Omari and Ngacho (2017). An Assessment of the Effectiveness of Strategic Leadership Practices on Organization Performance: A Case of Tea Factories, International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology. Vol III Issue VII, September 2017.
- Nyaisu,Muya and Ngacho (2017).The influence of employee training implementation on job performance: a case of the non-teaching staff of the university of kabianga, Kenya. International Journal of SocialSciences and Information Technology Vol III Issue V, July 2017 ISSN 2412-0294
- Owuor, Ngacho and Otuya (2017). Relationship Between Craft-Entrepreneur Assertiveness In Management And Business Performance Of Private Primary Schools In Kisumu Town. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 19, Issue 7. Ver. III (July 2017), PP 00-00 www.iosrjournals.org
- Otera, Nyangau, Ngacho and Ondari (2017). The effect of internal control system on financial performance of supermarkets in Kisii County, Kenya. African Journal of Business and Management Col. 3(2) pp85-96 ISSN: 2518-0312.
- Ngacho, C., & Das, D., (2016). Critical Success Factors influencing the performance of Constituency Development Fund Construction Projects in Kenya: A Confirmatory Factor Analysis. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp 172-196
- Ngacho, C., & Das, D., (2015). A performance evaluation framework of construction projects: insights from literature. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp 151-173.
- Odongo and Ngacho (2015): An Assessment of the Quality of Services of Kenya Power (KP) Ltd in Restoring Supply After Unplanned Interruptions Using Statistical Quality Control. International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences 2015; 3(3): 194-203.
- Ngacho, C., & Das, D., (2014). A performance evaluation framework of public construction projects: An Empirical study of Constituency Development Fund (CDF) Projects in Kenya, International Journal of Project Management 32 (2014) 492-507
- Sirma, Obegi and Ngacho (2014).An Analysis of Factors Influencing Implementation of Computer Based Information Systems in Public Universities in Kenya: A Case Study of Egerton University Information and Knowledge Management www.iiste.org ISSN 2224-5758 (Paper) ISSN 2224-896X (Online) Vol.4, No.8, 2014
Attended several workshops within and outside the University including;
- Gordon Odongo Olala and Christopher Ngacho. Assesing the Impact of Ethnic Balance and Skills Job Placement Practices on Employees Satisfactory Service Delivery in Public Institutions in Kenya. Paper presented at the 3rd Annual Multi-disciplinary International Conference on the theme Research Innovation and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’S) Organized by Kisii University 27th-29th June 2017.
- Faraji Anduku Yatundu and Christopher Ngacho. Relational Bonds And Customer Loyalty: Insights From Related Literature Paper presented at 2nd interdisciplinary international scientific conference on the theme “Innovative Research and knowledge for Global Competitiveness and Sustainable Development” organized by Kibabii university, Bungoma, Kenya, June 14-15 2017.
- Erick Nyakundi Onsongo & Christopher Ngacho. Towards understanding the efficacy of career counseling on employee retention; Insights from Literature – 12th ORSEA Conference (Thursday October 20 to Saturday 22nd October, 2016)
- Erick Nyakundi Onsongo, Christopher Ngacho and Julius Menge. Internationalization And Human Resource Development; Multiculturalism And Emotional Intelligence Performance 6th ANIE Annual Conference 7 – 9 October 2015 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Christopher Ngacho, (Kisii University) Role of operation research in supply chain management of Agricultural products in Kenya: Global prospects and strategies. Paper presented at the 1st International Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on the theme: Africa and the New World Order, Organized by Kisii University and Kenya Scholars and Studies Association, Kisii, Kenya, July 30-August 2, 2014.
- Solomon Angutsa Atsiaya & Christopher Ngacho (C.E.O, Kenya Police Sacco Society Limited & Kisii University), Globalization and Deposit-Taking Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies in Kenya: Theory, Opportunity, and Challenges. Paper presented at the 1st International Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on the theme: Africa and the New World Order, Organized by Kisii University and Kenya Scholars and Studies Association, Kisii, Kenya, July 30-August 2, 2014.
- Chaired a session during ATLAS Conference co-hosted by Moi University and Kisii University held in the School of Dentistry at Moi University June 6th-8th June 2017.
- Chaired conference panels and presentations for 3rd International Annual Multidisciplinary Conference on the theme: Research, Innovation, Organized by Kisii University and Kenya Scholars and Studies Association, Kisii, Kenya, July 30-August 2, 2017.
- Chaired conference panels and presentations for 1st International Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on the theme: Africa and the New World Order, Organized by Kisii University and Kenya Scholars and Studies Association, Kisii, Kenya, July 30-August 2, 2014.
- Chaired many PhD and Masters Examination sessions
- Reviewer for KICEM Journal of Construction Engineering and Project Management
- Reviewer for The Eastern Africa Journal of Historical and Social Sciences Research
- Reviews articles for the European Scientific Journal
- Reviews articles for Open Journal of Political Science (OJPS)
- Research Methods workshop held at Kisii University,
- Adam Omar Karia: The Impact of Selected Human Resource Management Practices on Performance of the Public Water Utilities in Tanzania Completed in 2017.
- Onsongo Erick: Moderating Effect of Organizational Variables, top Management Characteristics on the Relationship between Management Development Characteristics and Service delivery in Kenyan Public Universities.
- Charles Momanyi : An Evaluation of the Moderating Role of Organizational Size in the Relationship between Financial Management Strategies and Performance of Public Universities in Kenya.
- Maengwe James Orwaru: Craft Entrepreneurship Practices on Value Creation among Rural Small and Micro Enterprises in North Mugirango Constituency, Nyamira County, Kenya: Development of an Assessment Model
- Mundia Carolyne: Supply Chain Strategies, Supply Chain Management and Operational Performance of Manufacturing Firms.
- Kamar Isaac Kipchirchir: Intrapreneurship, Corporate Leadership and Organizational Survival of Public Universities in Kenya.
- Miya Ann: The role of Value Stream Mapping on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, A survey of Gabbage Collection in Kisumu City.
- Kerongo Richard Mose: The Role of Wildlife Tourism Vulnerability and Adaptability in the Relationship between Climat Change and Sector Performance. The case of Masai Mara Kenya.
- Mainya Robert Nyabaro: Effect of Strategic Management Practices on Performance of Coffee Cooperative Societies in Nyanza Region, Kenya as mediated by Stakeholders Orientation
- Osir Rosalyne Adhiambo: The Effect of Monetary Interventions on access to credit among Medium, Small and Micro Enterprises in Kisumu, Kenya. A focus on Financial Interventions.
- Menge Julius: Role of Wildbeest Migration in Sustainable Tourism Development at Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem: A transboundary Resource Management Perspective
- Otiende Julius Ogendo: Influence of Corporate Governance on the Relationship between Accounting Practices and Performance of County Government in Lake Region Economic Bloc in Kenya.
I have supervised several MBA students to completion at Kisii University: Among them;
Assessment of Factors Affecting Service Delivery among Water Companies in Kenya: A Case of Gusii Water and Sanitation Company, Kisii Town, Kenya. -Enock Bosire Mokua (2017).
- Assessment of the Effectiveness of Strategic Leadership Practices on Organization Performance. A Case of Tea Factories, Kisii County, Kenya -Zipporah Kemunto Onkoba (2017)
- Determining the Effects Strategic Plan Implementation on the Performance of South Nyanza Sugar Company Limited, Kenya. -Fred Omollo Nyandara (2017)
- Examination of the Stakeholders Perception on the Quality of Health Care Services in the Public Sector. -David M. Okinyi (2017)
- Assessment of the Determinants of Non-Performing Loans and their Effects on Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya. –Linet Bwoma (2017)11
- Relationship between Craft Entrepreneur Involvement in Management of and Business Performance of Private Schools in Kisumu Town. -Moses Owour Okwiri (2017)
- An Assessment of the Influence of Employee Training Implementation on Job Performance. A Case Study of Non-Teaching Staff of the University of Kabianga, Kenya. -Asenath Nyaisu (2017)
- Effect of Competitive Strategies on Performance of Commercial Banks. A Case of Equity Bank Homabay Branch-David Obonyo Mireri (2017)
- An Assessment of the Effects of Debt Financing on Profitability of Agricultural Firms Listed in Nairobi Stock Exchange-Onyangi Ronald Mecha
- Evaluating the Effects of Corporate Leverage on Profitability of Nairobi Securities Exchange Listed Manufacturing and Allied Companies. -Muchai Joseph Kamotho (2016)
- An Examination of the Determinants of Leverage and their Effects on Financial Performance of Insurance Firms quoted at the Nairobi Securities Exchange. -Obaga Juliet Binyanya (2015)
ATTRACTION OF FUNDS/RESEARCH PROJECTS BEING UNDERTAKEN
As a dean in the School of Business and Economics, I have focused on building the current research profile and capacity of the School and identifying and developing future areas of growth. This has enabled the Faculty in the School to put together several proposals, notably, the.
- 2017/2018: Financial Year: National Research Fund: Infrastructural Support Programme that aims at developing a business Incubation Centre in the School of Business and Economics, Kisii University.
- October 2018: Training of Sony Sugar Staff on Project Management and Ethics
- April 2017: Newton Fund Institutional Links which went through the first stage-Focusing on a proposal titled Moving Kenyan Agriculture up the Value Chain through Gender Mainstreaming together with Dr. Paul Chan of The University of Manchester, UK.
- 2016: Collaboration with Indian Institute of Foreign Trade -Initiated a programme in which the institute conducted a fully paid up Executive Development Programme in Kisii University for Students and Staff.
- Part of an aggressive Marketing team aimed at creating awareness in order to attract students to Kisii University.
MEMBERSHIP TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES/CONSULTANCY
- I am a member of Operations Management Society of Kenya (M15027) and the Operations Research Society of East Africa. I am also a member of the Kenya Institute of Management.
- Facilitated Training For Security Department, Kenya School Of Monetary Studies on Business Continuity Management And Disaster Recovery January 18-22, 2016 Venue: Kisumu Hotel.
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
Travelling, hiking, photography, reading & theatrical works: Deeply interested in investment and banking: Research activities and ICT development.
Proficient / Fluent in English, Swahili, and Luhya – (spoken and written): Basic knowledge of other local (Kenyan) languages.
MEMBERSHIP TO BODIES IN THE UNIVERSITY
At Kisii University, I am a member of
- Staff Training Committee,
- Deans Committee,
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Risk Management Policy Development Committee
- Board Of Quality Assurance
- Chairman, Busia Professional Association (December 2017 to Date). I have initiated a programme where Kisii University provides Students on Teaching Practice and the community support them in terms of accommodation
- Chairman, Board of Management, St Cathrines Special School (April 2019 to Date)
- Vice-Chairman, Board of Management, St Monica Butunyi Girls Secondary School (December 2015 to Date)
- Member, Board of Management, Busiada Girls High School (December 2015 to Date)
- Member, Board of Management, Bishop Stam, Esikoma Secondary School (April 2019 to Date)
- Member, Board of Management, Bukhuma Mixed Secondary School (December 2015 to Date)
- Chairman, Board of Management, Bumutiru Secondary School (December 2012 to December, 2015)
- Patron, Marachi University Students Association (MUSA)-December 2012 to to date)
- Patron, Busia County University Students in Kisii (BUCSA) December 2013 to to date)
- Patron, Neela Primary School (December 2011 to to date)
- Patron, Bulwani Primary School (December 2011 to to date)